Thursday, December 7, 2006

Thanda Tha!!

This incident happened 6 months back when I was travelling from Mumbai to Hyderabad by Hyderabad Exp. I was in a sleeper coach S5. I boarded the train at around 9:45 pm from Kalyan station(in Bombay). I was excited as I was going to join a big s/w company and was my first job. The night passed and I woke up greeted by sunny and a pleasant morning. I was killing time by reading some magazines. There were hawkers all around the coach selling all sorts of eateries. It was very humid and I was looking for some cold drinks!!
Eureka!! There was this young chap who was very looking very brisk! He hustled his way through the coach yelling "Thanda" !!! "Thanda" !!! He was carrying the cold-drinks in a bucket covered by a wet cloth. I straight-away asked him for a bottle of Coke. He said, "Saab! Gyaarah rupay"(Rs.11/-) . I gave Rs.11/- and he kept the coke bottle on the berth and started to go towards other compartments.
When I took the coke-bottle to my horror and anger, I found it warm and no where like a cold-drink. I yelled back to him..."Abe Sale, Yeh thanda nahi garam hai"(its warm and not cold)... He yelled back..."Saab, Woh Thanda Tha!!"(it was cold!!)

3 comments:

Neel Arurkar said...

:-)

Winner said...

i thought u have somethig hot in thanda tha

Ashwath said...

ashwin: U dirty mind!!!! :-)